Impossible Project Part 1

In this week in our Artt 2373, we have been advancing along in our journey through out doing our impossible projects. For my impossible project, I am doing a 3D jigsaw puzzle with a 3D image on top of it. How I started off was by looking at Thingiverse for some inspiration on how to build my own jigsaw puzzle. I made my pieces (on Tinkercad) into squares with their lengths and widths a number divisible by 3 (in this case 18) and I made the tabs(the circular part that sticks out of the puzzle) 1/3 of the length of the side(which is 6 in this case) and then I 3D printed out some pieces as an example to see if it worked or not. I designed four pieces but I only printed two just to see if they would fit. Unfortunately they did not fit together, so I had to go back to the drawing board and I kept on looking at the pieces that I had printed out previously and I soon figured out that the pieces that I had printed before had slightly smaller tabs than blanks(the blanks are the “holes” part of the jigsaw). I went back and designed the tabs to be a little bit smaller(I cut the size down from 6 to 5.5) and I printed 1 out and it ended fitting with one of the previous pieces so I count that as a success in my book.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s